When you are involved in a car accident, you might sustain any number of injuries, a concussion included. If you have sustained a concussion because of a car accident, the person who caused your injuries may be at fault for your losses. With this in mind, there is no fixed amount that you may be entitled to receive.
Continue reading to learn more about possible awards for your injuries.
Car Accidents and Concussions Are Directly Linked
Car accidents are among the common causes of concussions. You should be aware of the symptoms of a concussion, which include:
- Sensitivity to light
- Nausea and vomiting
- An increasingly worse headache
- Changes in mood, especially a depressed mood
If you are experiencing one or more of these symptoms, then seek medical attention immediately. If these symptoms arose only after your car accident, then it is fair to assume that the accident may have caused your concussion.
Call a Lawyer If You Are Experience Injury Symptoms After a Car Accident
If you were in a car accident and are experiencing the symptoms of a concussion or any other injury, the person that caused the accident may be liable to pay you compensation for your injuries. Once you receive medical treatment, call a lawyer, who can help you by:
- Filing paperwork to ensure that your personal injury claim is initiated as quickly as possible
- Collecting evidence of negligence by the defendant in your case, which may include video of the accident, photos of the aftermath, eyewitness accounts, and police reports
- Speaking with you and your doctor to document the full scope of your injuries
- Completing all of the legal steps necessary to bring your case to a conclusion, whether it is a judgment or settlement
- Protecting your rights throughout the legal process
Eyewitness accounts, video evidence, your own testimony, and admission from the defendant may show that you were the victim of negligence. Some negligent behaviors that frequently lead to collisions include:
- Engaging in distracted driving, such as texting, making a phone call, or taking your eyes off of the road for any reason
- Driving while drunk or under the influence of drugs
If these or any number of other dangerous driving behaviors by the defendant caused your accident, then you may be entitled to compensation for your losses.
Possible Awards for Your Injuries
There is no blanket statement or general range of awards that one can quote victims pursuing a personal injury claim—each case is different, and awards vary accordingly. However, some common awards in neck injury claims may cover:
- Related medical expenses incurred
- Wages you have lost because of your injury
- Pain and suffering
- Punitive damages to be paid by the defendant
Concussions can have lingering symptoms that directly impede your ability to work. Allow a lawyer to help you seek the compensation you deserve.
Call the Team at Montero Law Center Today
Montero Law Center is rooted in the old-fashioned values of faith, family, and hard work. We want to help you pursue any compensation that you are eligible to receive, so call our team today at (954) 767-6500 for a free consultation.