Your settlement for a herniated disc injury will depend on the circumstances of your case. If you suffered a herniated disc in a car accident or another kind of accident caused by someone else’s negligence, then you could be eligible for financial awards.
The Symptoms of a Herniated Disc
It is important that you be aware of the symptoms of a herniated disc so that you can seek medical attention once they arise. Some of the symptoms of this injury include:
- Pain and numbness that extends to your arms and legs
- Pain and numbness on one side of your body
- Sharp pain when you make certain movements
- Pain that arises when you walk, even in short distances
- Tingling or itching in the area where the disc has slipped
If you feel you have suffered a herniated disc, seek medical attention to obtain treatment and documentation for your injury. If you believed that an accident was the cause of your herniated disc, call a lawyer for help pursuing any compensation that you are eligible for.
A Lawyer Can Guide Your Pursuit of Compensation
If a motorist, business owner, or anyone else caused your herniated disc, then they may be responsible for the financial losses you have suffered because of the injury. A lawyer can assist in your pursuit of compensation by:
- Filing paperwork to ensure that your personal injury claim is initiated as quickly as possible
- Documenting your account of the accident for use in court
- Consulting your medical professionals to obtain documentation of your injuries
- Completing the legal aspect of pursuing damages from start to finish
- Collecting evidence of negligence by the defendant in your case, which may include video of the accident, photos of the aftermath, eyewitness accounts, and police reports
- Protecting your rights throughout the legal process
If a car accident caused your injury, know that there are several common behaviors that may qualify as negligence by the defendant in your case. Some dangerous driver behaviors that frequently result in injury include:
- Driving while drunk or under the influence of drugs
- Engaging in distracted driving, such as texting, making a phone call, or taking your eyes off the road for any reason
These are just a few of the dangerous behaviors that may qualify as negligence in a personal injury case. If these or other behaviors led to your injuries, you may be able to collect compensation.
Possible Compensation for Your Injuries
Each personal injury claim bears a unique set of circumstances that can impact compensation. Some common awards granted in these sorts of cases, though, may cover:
- Medical expenses incurred because of your injury
- Lost wages or diminished earning capacity caused by your injuries
- Pain and suffering
- Punitive damages against the defendant
A herniated disc impacts your ability to stand, sit, and move around. These limitations can directly impede your ability to work and earn a living, and you should pursue compensation if your injury came by somebody else’s doing.
Call Montero Law Center Today
We offer legal counsel that is rooted in the old-fashioned values of faith, family, and hard work. We will help pursue any compensation that you are entitled to, so call our team today at (954) 767-6500 for a free consultation to discuss your case.